Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Juliette is getting so big!

At her 2 week appointment last week Juliette was up to 10lbs 4ozs. She's turning into quite the little chunk. I bagged up all of her newborn clothes and diapers, since she can't wear them anymore. Actually, she wasn't able to wear newborn diapers at all! It seems scary to have had such a large baby, but she was able to do so many things right off the bat. The first night she could lift her head and she even had the strength to hold up her own bottle. When they set her on my chest after I had her, she blew raspberries at me and Anthony. After that she tried so hard to open her eyes to see us. Once they de-gooped her eyes and handed her back to us, she would just stare for the longest time. It was awesome. She also was able to roll over when they were cleaning her on the table. It scared the nurse really badly, because she had left one side of the table down and Juliette turned over when the nurse had turned her back. Thank goodness she didn't fall.

The last week has been amazing. We've been cleaning the house furiously, even though by the end of the day it doesn't look like it. On Monday we had to make the difficult decision to find a new home for Lucy. She is such an amazing dog, but with the baby here especially we don't have the time or energy to give her the training and attention she needs. We ended up meeting with the first family and they were looking for a companion for their high energy dog. They also had a 2 year old son who was very high energy. They take their dog to the dog park 2-3 times a week. So we know that the family was meant to own her. I couldn't have hand selected a more perfect family for her. It feels awful, but she needed more training than we could give her right now.

I'm not looking forward to going back to work, but luckily I still have about a month left with my girls! Pretty soon I'll have to start getting ready for that, but it's not too soon just yet.

I worked everything out with Anthony's cousin Sue yesterday, and right after we talked she called the homeowner's insurance to get our roof fixed. A claim's adjuster will be calling me today to work out the details and get the ball rolling to fix Lorelei's roof and ceiling. Soon she'll have her bedroom back and I can start actually using Juliette's room as her room. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment