Today is New Year's Day.
Yesterday I got into a long discussion with Mom about the new year. She said that a poll was taken, and 70% of people polled are wanting to put 2011 behind them and are hoping 2012 is better. We talked about how it really isn't any different. You wake up on New Year's Day and nothing has actually changed. Maybe it's a mindset thing, but that fades. You still have the same debt, same job, same flat tire on your car... nothing has changed over night.
Then I realized something...
"Not for me..." I told her. I know she could hear my beaming smile.
You see, December 30th, 2011 was my last day of work. For at least a few years, that is. I am going back to school to finish out my Associates degree and to do something I have wanted to do for a long time. I'm excited and absolutely terrified.
So, I get to be one of the few people to say: Goodbye 2011, goodbye old life, goodbye crummy stress and sadness. Hello 2012! Hello new exciting stress! Hello whole new experiences, new life, and new Aamber!
This is going to be the best year ever!
Cue uplifting track from The Cranberries.
ReplyDelete