So, I've wanted to update on here for a long time now. I've written out the post a few times and scrapped it. It just never seemed to express how truly excited I am for the next chapter of our lives.
Starting in January I will be going back to school full time. I am going to finish all of my pre-requisits during the spring and in the fall I'll be (hopefully..... as long as I can get into the program) starting their Diagnostic Medical Sonography program. This is something I have wanted to do for a very long time. Unfortunately I couldn't find a school that would offer the program (not a reputtable one, anyway). The best part is that the school specializes in the OB/GYN side. Which is exactly what I want to do (think... babies).
My Psring schedule is amazing. I'll be able to drop Lorelei off at school every morning and then pick her up almost every afternoon. I only have one class on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. I have Wednesdays off too! When I'm not in class, I have two online classes, both are going to be very easy to do online. Having the extra time off will help keep me on track with those.
The only thing that sucks is going down to a one income household. It's going to be beans and rice for us for a little while. I can deal, it's just a scary thought. I'm also feeling a little funky because I will be in school until after I'm 30. I know I'm starting late, but it's a weird realization.
All in all, this is going to be so amazing.
Outside of that, we're just getting ready for Halloween. Lorelei is going to be Izzy fromJake and the Neverland Pirates, and Juliette is going to be Minnie Mouse. Lorelei's costume is spot on. I'm so excited about it. Juliette's is coming along. I have her dress made, but the head hole is way too small. She has a giant melon :)
Anthoyn just had his wisdom teeth taken out. He was expecting to go back to work the next day, but very quickly realized that that wasn't going to happen. This is day 2 of him parked on the couch.
I think the only other new thing in the Smith household is that we got a new kitty. Her name was originally Noel, because she was born around Christmas... lame, right? So we re-named her (she's a cat, she won't care) Snowball 3. No one seems to get it, but it's an obscure Simpsons reference.
So I think that's it for now. I'm getting ready to make a call to my financial aid advisor. I hope it goes really well!
No comments:
Post a Comment