Tomorrow my chunky monkey will officilly be two months old. I can't believe how fast time is flying by. She laughs when you tickle her. She smiles her big gummy smiles. She tries very hard to stand on her own two feet, and probably could if she had the balance. She gets jealous when she watches us eat and she can't have the same things. She talks to me all the time, but only when we're alone... so people are starting to not believe me. She makes the most adorable faces, including one where she pouts out her lips and raises one eye brow. It's like she's looking at you like you're crazy. I don't want to jinx things, but for the last two nights she has slept all the way through the night.
Yesterday a mother of a 7 month old baby went into the day care to take a tour. Miss Anita took her into the infant room, and at the time Miss Ebony was feeding Juliette. The mom saw her and asked if she was also 7 months old, Miss Anita laughed and said "More like 7 weeks."
We have a doctor's appointment in a few days, so I will get to find out exactly how big she really is. I cheated this morning, though, and weighed her myself. She is around 13.5 pounds. Her eating has slowed down and she's starting to be awake more during the day. I think that her 2 month long growth spurt is finally slowing down. Just in time too, she was starting to outgrow all of her clothes. She is already wearing 6-9 months (depending on who makes them).
I am so proud of my little girl already. Juliette is such an amazing treasure and I am so glad that I have her. I just have to remember to slow down and treasure these moments as they come. Soon she'll be four years old and getting ready for school. Yikes!
No comments:
Post a Comment