Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My baby is doing WHAT?!?!?

No, not Juliette. Lorelei! In a little over a week Lorelei will be entering Kindergarten. I'm not upset about her growing up, I'm not worried about her not making friends, I'm not even worried about making sure her lunches are packed every morning. No... I'm worried about the bus. Lorelei will be going to her current preschool before and after school. She'll only be there for a few minutes in the mornings and about an hour after school. I'm happy about that, but I'm so terrified that she won't get on the bus right or she'll forget to get off. The preschool knows what they are doing and there are already 3 other kids that will be going to the same school as her, but it still terrifies me. What if she gets lost or gets on the wrong bus. We'll never know how to find her. I think I'll have to attach something in her backpack with mine and Anthony's information. Just in case she ends up somewhere she isn't supposed to. It's really scary giving up control of your kid. I have to trust people that I barely know and some I haven't even met yet. I'm going to be an absolute wreck!

On the plus side, she is very excited. She starts her new dance class on Tuesday, then has Meet the Teacher Night on Wendesday, orientation on Thursday, and her first day of school is Friday. I think we're going to be way too busy for me to really worry about her, but I will probably find time. Knowing me.....

1 comment:

  1. You're going to be fine Mama! I can't believe it's this time already! I remember when you told me you were pregnant with her and the blessing she's been to you and Anthony ever since! This is just the next phase, a whole new Rory to be proud of!

    I'll be thinking of you guys and sending prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete