In the last year I suddenly found myself a stay at home mom pregnant with my third baby girl. This pregnancy has been really difficult on me, I've been unable to get myself awake on some mornings. Cleaning my house and doing my laundry have fallen to the wayside. Lorelei has missed days of school because I was too sick to get out of bed (not many....). Juliette watches tv all day. The bottom line is this: I'm not fulfilling my duties as a mom.
So I am challenging myself to become more engaged with my kids. This means keeping my house clean and laundry done. Teaching Juliette the things that she needs to know. Keeping up with Lorelei's schoolwork, chores, and school uniforms. I need to be making breakfast and dinners instead of relying on dry cereal in the car or fast food in the evenings.
How am I going to do this? One step at a time. I'll start with a whole lot of laundry tonight, so I can jump start tomorrow. Tomorrow's challenge will be keeping the tv off. I can do whatever I choose in that time, but the tv will stay off from the time I drop Lorelei off at school to the time she is done with her homework. I also hope to spend some time tonight or tomorrow finding fun creative things for Juliette to learn with.
I'll report back tomorrow!
Until then here's a fun pic:
No comments:
Post a Comment