Thursday, September 23, 2010

It ain't all sunshine and lollipops, sister! Or is it?

It has been far too long since I last updated... but frankly two kids does that to you!

Juliette is getting huge. We went for a quick Dr visit the other day (she was sick ad not getting over it) and at that time she weighed 18 pounds 1 ounce. They didn't check her height, and since it wasn't a well baby they didn't give us a percentile. I always like knowing where she falls on that. She is rolling everywhere and has started crawling backwards. It's adorable, but it poses problems when she gets stuck. She is also starting to get up on all fours. This actually started as her hands and her toes, but has finally goten to hands and knees. Pretty soon she'll be zooming everywhere, and we won't know what to do with ourselves.

Lorelei is growing up so quickly too. It is less than a year until she starts kindergarten and that scares the crud out of me. She is going to love it though! Two weeks ago she stayed the night at my mom's house. It was Labor Day weekend, so on Sunday night my mom decided to keep her for a second night in a row. My only concern was that Lorelei didn't have another pull up at my mom's house, so I recommended that my mom wake her up before they go to sleep and as soon as they wake up for a potty break. Well, she didn't... but Lorelei didn't wet the bed! This got me thinking... we let her use up the last of the pull ups that we had. Then, a week and a half ago, we started putting ehr to bed every night without one. It's been 11 days and she has had 2 accidents overnight. This is a huge accomplishment since she used to wet her pull up EVERY night. She only does it on the nights that she was up way too late and is way too tired though. I am so proud of her and I know that she is enjoying being such a big girl!

I am going to do my first 5k this weekend with my mom and Anthony. We are just planning to walk it, mostly because if you walk you can use strollers. Now don't get me wrong... I've walked 3 miles before, I've just never done an organized event before! This is going to be a lot of fun.

Other than that not a lot is happening. We're getting small projects done around the house and I'm going crazy keeping the kids happy and my house clean. Come October I will be taking a MUCH NEEDED vacation! We're going to take the girls to the zoo and just spend time as a family. It'll be great!

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about your girls! I cannot believe, cannot!, that Lorelei is that grown up!!! I remember when you told me you were pregnant with her, and in a year she's going to school?! You're such a good Mom Aamber, I'm glad you're enjoying everything!

    ReplyDelete